WHAT IS ACNE FILLER?
Did you have acne treatment but there are scars that remain? Because of the scars you probably feel like the acne never left. But you don’t have to worry about acne scars anymore Dermal Fillers are one of the best keys to acne scar skin problems. Dermal Filler treatment effectively treats and eliminates acne scars.
Many people already safely tolerate this acne scar-filling treatment because once your acne scars are gone, your self-confidence is also likely to improve.
There is a long-term and a short-term Dermal Filler for acne scars. If these kinds of treatments are not right for your skin type, other fillers for acne scar options are also available.
WHAT ARE ACNE SCARS?
Acne scars are indentations on the skin as a result of intense acne. These scars are typically skin-colored. They remain where the acne occurred on your skin. The look can almost always improve with the right acne filler treatment.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ACNE SCARRING?
When you have bad acne, large pus-filled spaces commonly known as “acne cysts” can form. Acne cysts can destroy the skin tissues because they won’t be replaced during the normal healing process. When the area begins healing as the cysts empty, it leaves behind scars on the facial regions. Acne Cysts can also cause scarring on the back and the chest which can be lumpy which is known as called keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
Acne scarring on the face appears as damage to the skin texture and can occur in various sizes, and normally has a normal skin color. However, in some cases, keloid scars may remain red for years.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ACNE SCARS?
- Mixed acne scars
- Ice pick acne scars
- Boxcar acne scars
- Rolling, atrophic, and depressed acne scars
- Lumpy hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Red acne scars – macular scars
HOW DO I TREAT ACNE SCARRING?
There are several acne scar filler treatments available on the market, and some can soften and improve the appearance of the scarring. You may need to combine several treatments for the best results. However, you can’t expect to return a perfectly normal skin after these treatments.
Below are some treatment options for acne scarring:
- Dermal Fillers
- Fraxel laser treatments
- Intralesional corticosteroids
- Chemical reconstruction of skin scars
- Skin Needling
- Vascular Lasers
- Surgical methods of scar removal.
One of the most popular treatments is the use of Acne Fillers for acne scars.
WHAT ARE FILLERS FOR ACNE SCARS?
Dermal Filler is a hyaluronic filler injection that is used for both rolling and atrophic scars. They have very minimal downtime and they have the advantage of a prompt improvement. Dermal Fillers frequency of treatment is twice yearly.
HOW DO FILLERS WORK FOR ACNE SCARS?
For some kinds of acne scars, a Dermal Filler works better than the other scar fillers. The right dermal Filler treats the rolling scars much better than the boxcar scars.
Some of the more popular Dermal Fillers for acne scars are Juvederm, Radiedsse, and Restylane. This acne scar therapy makes small the appearance of many types of scars. It also can improve the texture of your skin. The persistence of the acne scar filler depends on what part of the skin, as well as the condition of the skin, is being treated.
Restylane acne scar filler usually lasts about six to nine months. Radiesse acne scar filler should decrease the look one to two years. Juvederm acne scar filler remains in effect for about nine to twelve months.
Dermal Fillers for acne scars are made from Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA naturally occurs in the human body. Your professional acne treatment provider can customize the injection for you according to your skin condition. Studies have shown that those who use a Dermal Acne Filler treatment for acne scars are happy with the results.
WHAT ARE THE SHORT-TERM BENEFITS OF DERMAL FILLERS FOR ACNE SCARS?
The short-term benefits of Dermal Acne Fillers for acne scars are:
- Post-procedure downtime is limited
- Results are almost immediate.
You may see continued improvement after the first treatment for the next few months. The results for most people last for a few months to as long as one year.
WHAT ARE THE LONG-TERM BENEFITS OF DERMAL FILLERS FOR ACNE SCARS?
Until in the short-term the benefits of Dermal Fillers are to erase the scars from the surface of the skin, this scar filler treatment also helps to break up the tissue of the scar and to stimulate collagen production. This helps to lessen the appearance of the scars eventually and requires fewer and less aggressive treatments.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF DERMAL FILLERS FOR ACNE SCARS?
Nowadays it is safe to use Dermal Fillers, and there are no allergic reactions to the treatment. However, there are some side effects that may happen. Injection of Dermal Fillers can result in an infection or small bumps near active acne areas. If you notice any irregularity or redness at the site of Dermal Filler injection, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF DERMAL FILLERS FOR ACNE SCARS?
The cost usually depends on what kind of Dermal Filler treatment you chose and also on how many syringes or vials are used. The cost of dermal fillers starts at $675.
Acne scar filler treatments in the cosmetic industry mean that you don’t have to suffer anymore from acne scars or other skin concerns. Our professional therapists offer you the best acne scar filler treatments, making these blemishes almost unnoticeable. If you got excited and want to learn more about the many different treatment options that we offer for acne scars and for other skin issues, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
ACNE FILLER FAQ
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value First time getting Botox, I was very nervous. They ARE super friendly. They explained everything to me also answered all of my questions. Tonya is the BEST!!! she is so friendly and professional. I totally recommend this place to get Botox. THE BEST IN ABQ
July 4, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality Tonya really takes the time to listen to your concerns and is very accommodating. Results were fast and I love them. I highly recommend them.
April 4, 2021
I recently relocated from CA. I was nervous to find a new place for lip fillers after going to the same person for several years. Tonya was absolutely amazing! She is extremely knowledgeable and instantly made me feel comfortable. Tonya exceeded my expectations. I’ve received so many compliments from friends and family. The entire staff were friendly and professional. I will definitely become a loyal client. Thank you Tonya and team!!!
May 4, 2021
How amazing! I can’t believe what Tonya has done for me! She took excellent care of me! My first time ever for Botox and Lip Filler. I’m 58 feeling like 30 again! Everyone deserves this! I will be back! My crows are gone. My lipstick goes on smooth with no bleeds. You are totally amazing Tonya! Thank you again ! Tonya was so professional and went over everything in detail with me! Totally amazing place! Treat yourself! We all deserve to look great and feel great! ❤️
April 4, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value Dr. Tonya Tuggle is a true professional and such a nice person. I highly recommend her and Sandia Skin.
September 13, 2021
Tonya is amazing!! She made me feel so comfortable and really listened to my concerns about my skin. She really cares and knows what she is doing. I wouldn’t go anywhere else!! I was concerned my first appointment but I just had my third and I can say it’s so worth it!!! Botox has been an incredible experience and I’m so happy to have tried it, I’m so much happier with my appearance and it looks incredibly natural. I’ve included before and after photos, neither photo is filtered or edited, you can see how makeup would collect in my forehead, and how the after it’s smooth and looks so lovely. It doesn’t feel weird or like I can’t move my muscles at all, it feels super natural. One of my biggest concerns was that I wouldn’t be able to emote with Botox but that’s just not true at all. I feel so confident and that is thanks to Tonya!
September 13, 2021
The office staff is super accommodating and helpful, and Dr. Tuggle and Tonya Tuggle are both wonderful at what they do. I have had multiple procedures/treatments here over the years and highly recommend them. I never feel uncomfortable or judged, which is huge when deciding on cosmetic procedures. I also never felt pressured into anything and always felt informed about all of my decisions. They have great seasonal specials on fillers, etc!
May 4, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality Easy to book online. Seamless appointment and did not feel rushed. Tonya explained thoroughly and made sure i had the best results for botox and minimizing my frown line. Highly recommend!
September 20, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value Getting botox at Sandia Skin & Face was the best decision I've ever made. No more lines on my forehead 🙂
September 4, 2021
ACNE FILLER PROCEDURE PREP
Before your treatment session, our specialist will discuss what to expect during your treatment. However, it is helpful to remember that there are a few things to take into consideration before your session:
- At least three to four days before your procedure, discontinue anti-inflammatory medications.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue any blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue systematic steroids
- At least one month before your procedure, stop steroid injections
- On the day of your procedure, eat a full, healthy breakfast and be sure to drink plenty of water
- Please be advised that if you take chronic oral steroids, a discontinuation plan will need to be discussed with your primary care provider as abrupt stoppage may cause side effects.
ACNE FILLER AFTERCARE
After your treatment session, we recommend that all patients rest on the day of their procedure. We advise limited use of the treatment area for the next two days, but some movement is encouraged. Limited use helps the joint recover as the treatment is absorbed by the area’s surrounding tissues.
0 – 3 days post-procedure guidelines.
- After your treatment, there is a chance you’ll experience some mild to moderate pain or discomfort at the treatment site. Discomfort is normal, and it is a sign that your body is healing as it adjusts to the treatment.
- It is best to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to help promote healing.
- You mustn’t take ANY medications following your procedure unless specifically directed otherwise by a physician. NO medicine is a must because any drug can affect the healing process or other adverse effects.
Therefore, discontinue use of any of these medications post-procedure for best results:
- Anti-inflammatory medications for at least two weeks post-procedure
- Blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins for 3-4 days post-procedure
- Systematic steroids for two weeks post-procedure
- Other important guidelines to follow after your procedure are:
- Avoid applying ice or heat to the injection site for the first 72 hours post-procedure
- Don’t take a hot bath or go to a sauna for the first few days post-procedure
- Avoid consumption of any alcoholic beverages for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid showering for the first 24 hours following your procedure
- Limit caffeine consumption for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid smoking
3 – 14 days post-procedure guidelines.
- At this point in your healing, you should gradually increase your daily activities
- 3 to 14 days is also when you can begin exercises. Proper exercise is a vital part of long-term results, and we can help you determine which exercises are best suited for your needs before your procedure.
- Ice can be applied 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes as needed for comfort
- Anti-inflammatory medications (such as Tylenol) can be taken to help manage any residual pain at this time, take as directed
- Continue to avoid alcoholic beverages, smoking, or excessive amounts of caffeine
3 – 4 weeks post-procedure guidelines.
- We highly encourage you to begin physical therapy to aid in your long-term healing and continued recovery at this point in your healing.
- A follow-up appointment will be made for you to meet with our physician to review your healing process. You must keep this follow-up visit even if your recovery is going well.
- If there are any adjustments to your customized treatment plan, this is when our physician will be able to make those decisions
Registered Nurse Practitioner Tonya Tuggle is Albuquerque’s choice for those who want to keep their youthful appearance and healthy glow. Tonya is passionate about educating patients on preventative skin care and providing non-surgical maintenance for graceful aging. We can’t wait to meet you!