ACNE LASER TREATMENT
There are several options to treat acne. Our favorite acne treatment is a combined option of RF Microneedling coupled with a topical and oral medication regime. RF Microneedling can reduce acne for up to 6 months post-treatment.
Acne scarring can be treated with RF microneedling and CO2 laser resurfacing. See our RF Microneedling page and our CO2 laser page. Both procedures offer significant results over time, and more than one treatment is needed to achieve optimum results.
Laser resurfacing is done by a Nurse Practitioner or Cosmetic Facial Surgeon. It’s an outpatient procedure, meaning you’ll not have to stay overnight.
The doctor may treat wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, or forehead individually or treat your entire face. The doctor will numb the areas to be treated with a local anesthetic and may also sedate you for small areas. You may require general anesthesia if your whole face is being treated.
Swelling after laser skin resurfacing is normal. Your doctor may prescribe steroids to manage swelling around your eyes. Sleeping on an extra pillow at night can also ease swelling.
SANDIA SKIN + FACE
ACNE LASER TREATMENT SKIN RESURFACING
Ablative laser resurfacing is a procedure that uses a wand-like laser instrument to remove the upper layers of skin from acne scarring. Also called “laser peeling,” it removes old skin cells to reveal newer, more youthful cells.
If aging, acne, or too much time in the sun has left your face with blotches, scars, wrinkles, or lines, laser skin resurfacing may help your skin look younger and healthier.
Laser skin resurfacing removes skin layer by layer with precision. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, younger-looking surface. The procedure is done alone or with other cosmetic surgeries on the face.
Treating just parts of the face takes about 30 to 45 minutes. A full-face treatment takes up to two hours.
See our FAQ below. Contact Us with any other questions.
Tonya is amazing!! She made me feel so comfortable and really listened to my concerns about my skin. She really cares and knows what she is doing. I wouldn’t go anywhere else!! I was concerned my first appointment but I just had my third and I can say it’s so worth it!!! Botox has been an incredible experience and I’m so happy to have tried it, I’m so much happier with my appearance and it looks incredibly natural. I’ve included before and after photos, neither photo is filtered or edited, you can see how makeup would collect in my forehead, and how the after it’s smooth and looks so lovely. It doesn’t feel weird or like I can’t move my muscles at all, it feels super natural. One of my biggest concerns was that I wouldn’t be able to emote with Botox but that’s just not true at all. I feel so confident and that is thanks to Tonya!
September 13, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value Getting botox at Sandia Skin & Face was the best decision I've ever made. No more lines on my forehead 🙂
September 4, 2021
How amazing! I can’t believe what Tonya has done for me! She took excellent care of me! My first time ever for Botox and Lip Filler. I’m 58 feeling like 30 again! Everyone deserves this! I will be back! My crows are gone. My lipstick goes on smooth with no bleeds. You are totally amazing Tonya! Thank you again ! Tonya was so professional and went over everything in detail with me! Totally amazing place! Treat yourself! We all deserve to look great and feel great! ❤️
April 4, 2021
ACNE LASER TREATMENT
Before your treatment session, our physician will discuss what to expect during your treatment. However, it is helpful to remember that there are a few things to take into consideration before your session:
- At least three to four days before your procedure, discontinue anti-inflammatory medications.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue any blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue systematic steroids
- At least one month before your procedure, stop steroid injections
- On the day of your procedure, eat a full, healthy breakfast and be sure to drink plenty of water
- Please be advised that if you take chronic oral steroids, a discontinuation plan will need to be discussed with your primary care provider as abrupt stoppage may cause side effects.
ACNE LASER TREATMENT
After your treatment session, we recommend that all patients rest on the day of their procedure. We advise limited use of the treatment area for the next two days, but the movement is encouraged. Limited use helps the joint recover as the treatment is absorbed by the area’s surrounding tissues.
0 – 3 days post-procedure guidelines
- After your treatment, there is a chance you’ll experience some mild to moderate pain or discomfort at the treatment site. Discomfort is normal, and it is a sign that your body is healing as it adjusts to the treatment.
- It is best to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to help promote healing.
- You mustn’t take ANY medications following your procedure unless specifically directed otherwise by a physician. NO medicine is a must because any drug can affect the healing process or other adverse effects.
Therefore, discontinue use of any of these medications post-procedure for best results:
- Anti-inflammatory medications for at least two weeks post-procedure
- Blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins for 3-4 days post-procedure
- Systematic steroids for two weeks post-procedure
- Other important guidelines to follow after your procedure are:
- Avoid applying ice or heat to the injection site for the first 72 hours post-procedure
- Don’t take a hot bath or go to a sauna for the first few days post-procedure
- Avoid consumption of any alcoholic beverages for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid showering for the first 24 hours following your procedure
- Limit caffeine consumption for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid smoking
3 – 14 days post-procedure guidelines
- At this point in your healing, you should gradually increase your daily activities.
- 3 to 14 days is also when you can begin exercises. Proper exercise is a vital part of long-term results, and we can help you determine which exercises are best suited for your needs before your procedure.
- Ice can be applied 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes as needed for comfort
- Anti-inflammatory medications (such as Tylenol) can be taken to help manage any residual pain at this time, take as directed
- Continue to avoid alcoholic beverages, smoking, or excessive amounts of caffeine
3 – 4 weeks post-procedure guidelines
- We highly encourage you to begin physical therapy to aid in your long-term healing and continued recovery at this point in your healing.
- A follow-up appointment will be made for you to meet with our physician to review your healing process. You must keep this follow-up visit even if your recovery is going well.
- If there are any adjustments to your customized treatment plan, this is when our physician will be able to make those decisions.
Registered Nurse Practitioner Tonya Tuggle is Albuquerque’s choice for those who want to keep their youthful appearance and healthy glow. Tonya is passionate about educating patients on preventative skin care and providing non-surgical maintenance for graceful aging. We can’t wait to meet you!