WHAT IS EYEBROW THREADING?
Eyebrow threading is an eyebrow hair removal technique that was first developed in Southeast Asia and the Middle East many centuries ago. The technique involves removing multiple hairs in a line, row-by-row, to shape facial hair. Threading leg, arm, head, and bikini area hair is not recommended because that hair tends to be a bit thicker and much harder to pull.
HOW LONG DOES EYEBROW THREADING LAST?
While everyone’s hair grows at different rates, on average, eyebrow threading hair removal can last between 2 and 5 weeks. You can also maintain the look for longer with touch-up appointments that are less intensive than the first-time, full-scale brow shaping.
WHY DOES A PERSON GET EYEBROW THREADING?
Eyebrow Threading allows your eyebrows to have a more defined and precise shape and can create a better definition. Threading is also used as a method of removing unwanted hair on the entire face and upper lip area.
WILL EYEBROW THREADING BE PAINFUL?
Everyone has different pain levels, so some will experience minor discomfort while others may not experience any discomfort. With any hair-removal technique, there is likely going to be some discomfort, threading, for most, is the least painful. Also, some people find the top of their eyebrow being threaded, less painful than the bottom of their brow.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BROW THREADING?
As compared to eyebrow waxing, tweezing, or the use of lasers, threading is considered one of the safest and most precise methods of hair removal, especially in the delicate areas surrounding the eye. Threading allows our professionals to have greater control over the specific hairs being removed.
WHAT IS THE TYPICAL COST OF EYEBROW THREADING?
Prices vary by the state and city where you have the service done, as well as by the provider. Typically, eyebrow threading costs vary between $25 and $35.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF EYEBROW THREADING?
- If done incorrectly, Eyebrow Threading can result in irritation and ingrown hairs
- Eyebrow Threading takes slightly longer to complete than waxing
IS WAXING OR THREADING EYEBROWS BETTER?
Eyebrow Waxing is widely available and is usually advocated for those who find Eyebrow Threading somewhat painful. It’s fast and provides good results.
Eyebrow Threading is generally considered better for those individuals with sensitive skin, skin allergies, or if you’ve had unwanted effects from waxing in the past.
EYEBROW THREADING FAQ
SANDIA SKIN + FACE
Tonya is amazing!! She made me feel so comfortable and really listened to my concerns about my skin. She really cares and knows what she is doing. I wouldn’t go anywhere else!! I was concerned my first appointment but I just had my third and I can say it’s so worth it!!! Botox has been an incredible experience and I’m so happy to have tried it, I’m so much happier with my appearance and it looks incredibly natural. I’ve included before and after photos, neither photo is filtered or edited, you can see how makeup would collect in my forehead, and how the after it’s smooth and looks so lovely. It doesn’t feel weird or like I can’t move my muscles at all, it feels super natural. One of my biggest concerns was that I wouldn’t be able to emote with Botox but that’s just not true at all. I feel so confident and that is thanks to Tonya!
September 13, 2021
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value Dr. Tonya Tuggle is a true professional and such a nice person. I highly recommend her and Sandia Skin.
September 13, 2021
I recently relocated from CA. I was nervous to find a new place for lip fillers after going to the same person for several years. Tonya was absolutely amazing! She is extremely knowledgeable and instantly made me feel comfortable. Tonya exceeded my expectations. I’ve received so many compliments from friends and family. The entire staff were friendly and professional. I will definitely become a loyal client. Thank you Tonya and team!!!
May 4, 2021
EYEBROW THREADING PROCEDURE PREP
- Once you’ve decided to get into threading in order to get your perfect brows, let your brows grow back to the fullest and then get them threaded. The reason to let your eyebrows grow to their fullest length and thickness is that the technician can shape your brows well and they won’t become too thin.
- Before going to your eyebrow threading appointment, exfoliate a little. Use a scrub to exfoliate your face, making sure you include your brows. Exfoliating will help prevent the growth of ingrown hairs, flaky skin, and dry skin cells. It will also loosen the hair follicles slightly, making the threading process smoother.
- Use light eye makeup or none before your threading appointment. If you already know threading makes your eyes water, skip the eyeliner and the mascara. Your eyes watering is common during eyebrow threading. Avoid using brow pencils, concealers, and gels. It’s best to go with a bare clean face to your appointment.
- If your face is sensitive to beauty treatments, you may have facial redness. To minimize this, carry a tube of Aloe Vera gel, hydrocortisone cream, or any other antiseptic gel or cream. Neosporin ointment is also beneficial for post-threading as it is a blend of neomycin, polymyxin B, and bacitracin which cools down the skin and prevents redness or infection.
- Communication is key to a successful outcome. Communicate with your technician about how you would like your eyebrows to look after threading. Tell our expert, whether you want just a quick cleanup, a certain shape, or how big you want your arch to be.
- Be accommodating when it comes to the procedure. Your threading professional may ask you to pull at your eyebrow area, to keep it taut, so all the tiniest of hairs come out. Tight skin will give you optimum results out of threading. Yes, threading may involve some slight discomfort, but it’s not something that you should be able to bear. Discomfort and redness may arise from the procedure, but this is normal and will usually subside within a few minutes.
EYEBROW THREADING AFTERCARE
- Wash your face with cold water. This will minimize redness post-threading.
- Freely apply aloe vera gel or rose water to help soothe any irritation.
- Avoid exposing freshly-threaded brows to direct sunlight, steam, or chlorinated water for 24 hours. The area is sensitive post-threading and sun exposure can cause sunburn.
- Avoid touching the hair-free area with your fingertips. This can transfer the bacteria from your fingers to the open pores and can cause infection and skin breakouts.
- Refrain from the user of makeup for 24 hours after the threading procedure. Do not apply any night cream or anti-aging cream around the area for a minimum of three days. Creams will clog the pores leading to acne and zits.
- Excessive drying can also cause irritation, so you should use a very light moisturizer on your brows.
Registered Nurse Practitioner Tonya Tuggle is Albuquerque’s choice for those who want to keep their youthful appearance and healthy glow. Tonya is passionate about educating patients on preventative skin care and providing non-surgical maintenance for graceful aging. We can’t wait to meet you!