SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
WHAT ARE SPIDER VEINS?
Spider veins are tiny varicose veins and telangiectasias. They are thin, threadlike veins that lie close to the skin’s surface and are commonly red or purple in appearance. These dilated vessels may be short, unconnected lines or connected in a matted “sunburst” pattern. They may also appear web-like or like branches from a tree.
Spider veins are most frequently found on the legs and face but could be found anywhere on the body. Generally, they are not considered a health hazard, but patients may experience a burning, stinging, or dull aching pain after prolonged standing.
Some of the most common causes of spider veins include a genetic predisposition, pregnancy, hormonal changes, oral contraception, trauma, weight gain, and prolonged standing.
WHAT IS SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL LASER THERAPY?
Laser technology offers a very effective means of treating spider veins. When a laser is applied to the skin, these blood cells become very hot and create a clotting effect, collapsing or closing the vein while sparing the surrounding skin. The body will then slowly remove the collapsed veins during the natural healing process and thus reduce the appearance of the spider veins.
HOW MANY SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL LASER THERAPY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Each patient is different, depending upon the number and severity of the veins. Generally, patients should expect between 1 and 3 laser treatments, about 6-8 weeks apart. The treatment improves the overall appearance of the blood vessels, shrinking, diminishing, or removing them completely. Laser treatment for veins should not be considered a cure. New developing veins cannot be prevented.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SKIN AFTER THE SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL LASER TREATMENT?
Soon after the procedure, you may feel a slight bump on the skin, which will disappear in the next 2-4 hours. The area may also appear slightly redder and occasionally may swell or bruise. Infrequently pigment changes occur (darkening of the skin) and will disappear over time. After laser therapy, it is strongly recommended to stay out of direct sun exposure for a week or two. Wearing a support hose can facilitate results.
Moreover, normal hair goes through a growth cycle in three stages: the anagen, or growing phase; the telogen, or resting phase; and the catagen, or transitional phase. Hair is susceptible to the laser’s energy during the anagen phase, but it is resistant during the telogen and catagen phases.
WHEN CAN I RETURN TO WORK AFTER SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL LASER TREATMENT?
After treatment, there is no downtime and minimal discomfort. Patients are encouraged to resume all normal activities immediately. Final results may not be apparent for several weeks. Most patients are satisfied by the results in a very short time.
SANDIA SKIN + FACE
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL LASER TREATMENT
Spider Vein Removal Laser Treatment is a safe, FDA-approved treatment designed to rid you of unwanted spider veins permanently.
We use the “Candela Gentle Max Pro,” which includes the 1064 yag and 855 alexandrite laser wavelengths. Having both wavelengths in one device allows every Fitzpatrick skin type to be optimally treated.
See our FAQ below. Contact Us with any other questions.
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL TREATMENT
SPIDER VEIN LASER THERAPY
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
Positive: Cleanliness , Professionalism , Punctuality , Quality , Value Dr. Tonya Tuggle is a true professional and such a nice person. I highly recommend her and Sandia Skin.
September 13, 2021
The office staff is super accommodating and helpful, and Dr. Tuggle and Tonya Tuggle are both wonderful at what they do. I have had multiple procedures/treatments here over the years and highly recommend them. I never feel uncomfortable or judged, which is huge when deciding on cosmetic procedures. I also never felt pressured into anything and always felt informed about all of my decisions. They have great seasonal specials on fillers, etc!
May 4, 2021
How amazing! I can’t believe what Tonya has done for me! She took excellent care of me! My first time ever for Botox and Lip Filler. I’m 58 feeling like 30 again! Everyone deserves this! I will be back! My crows are gone. My lipstick goes on smooth with no bleeds. You are totally amazing Tonya! Thank you again ! Tonya was so professional and went over everything in detail with me! Totally amazing place! Treat yourself! We all deserve to look great and feel great! ❤️
April 4, 2021
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
Before your treatment session, our physician will discuss what to expect during your treatment. However, it is helpful to remember that there are a few things to take into consideration before your session:
- At least three to four days before your procedure, discontinue anti-inflammatory medications.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue any blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins.
- One to two weeks before your procedure, discontinue systematic steroids
- At least one month before your procedure, stop steroid injections
- On the day of your procedure, eat a full, healthy breakfast and be sure to drink plenty of water
- Please be advised that if you take chronic oral steroids, a discontinuation plan will need to be discussed with your primary care provider as abrupt stoppage may cause side effects.
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
After your treatment session, we recommend that all patients rest on the day of their procedure. We advise limited use of the treatment area for the next two days, but the movement is encouraged. Limited use helps the joint recover as the treatment is absorbed by the area’s surrounding tissues.
0 – 3 days post-procedure guidelines
- After your treatment, there is a chance you’ll experience some mild to moderate pain or discomfort at the treatment site. Discomfort is normal, and it is a sign that your body is healing as it adjusts to the treatment.
- It is best to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to help promote healing.
- You mustn’t take ANY medications following your procedure unless specifically directed otherwise by a physician. NO medicine is a must because any drug can affect the healing process or other adverse effects.
Therefore, discontinue use of any of these medications post-procedure for best results:
- Anti-inflammatory medications for at least two weeks post-procedure
- Blood-thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins for 3-4 days post-procedure
- Systematic steroids for two weeks post-procedure
- Other important guidelines to follow after your procedure are:
- Avoid applying ice or heat to the injection site for the first 72 hours post-procedure
- Don’t take a hot bath or go to a sauna for the first few days post-procedure
- Avoid consumption of any alcoholic beverages for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid showering for the first 24 hours following your procedure
- Limit caffeine consumption for the first week post-procedure
- Avoid smoking
3 – 14 days post-procedure guidelines
- At this point in your healing, you should gradually increase your daily activities.
- 3 to 14 days is also when you can begin exercises. Proper exercise is a vital part of long-term results, and we can help you determine which exercises are best suited for your needs before your procedure.
- Ice can be applied 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes as needed for comfort
- Anti-inflammatory medications (such as Tylenol) can be taken to help manage any residual pain at this time, take as directed
- Continue to avoid alcoholic beverages, smoking, or excessive amounts of caffeine
3 – 4 weeks post-procedure guidelines
- We highly encourage you to begin physical therapy to aid in your long-term healing and continued recovery at this point in your healing.
- A follow-up appointment will be made for you to meet with our physician to review your healing process. You must keep this follow-up visit even if your recovery is going well.
- If there are any adjustments to your customized treatment plan, this is when our physician will be able to make those decisions.
Registered Nurse Practitioner Tonya Tuggle is Albuquerque’s choice for those who want to keep their youthful appearance and healthy glow. Tonya is passionate about educating patients on preventative skin care and providing non-surgical maintenance for graceful aging. We can’t wait to meet you!