Today we are going to discuss “Botox – 7 Powerful Questions Answered”. Why are we talking about Botox? Botox is one of the most common Cosmetic procedures that we humans do for ourselves each year.
You can learn more on our website at: https://sandiaskinface.com/1-best-botox-cosmetic-injections-albuquerque-nm/.
1. WHAT IS BOTOX?
Botox is the brand name of a neurotoxin made by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are other brands, such as Dysport and Xeomin, which also use the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
Botox is the most frequently used term you hear because it was the first injectable bacterium, Clostridium botulinum toxin.
2. WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY USES OF BOTOX?
The most common reason for the use of Botox is to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. However, Botox can help treat other conditions, such as:
- Reduce the Cosmetic Appearance of Wrinkles
- Severe underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Uncontrolled Blinking (blepharospasm)
- Cross-Eyes (Eyes that point in different directions (strabismus))
- Chronic Migraine Relief
- Overactive Bladder Relief
- Muscle Stiffness/Spasms
- Movement Disorders (such as cervical Dystonia, Torticollis)
- Manage Acne
- Temporary Face-Lift
- Nose Job Mimicry
- Soften Jawline and Chin
- Tighten Jowls
- Lift Lips
- Smooth Neck
- Smooth Breast Cleavage Lines (Décolleté)
- Longer Lasting Blowouts (due to less forehead sweating)
3. BOTOX INJECTIONS: MOST COMMON BODY AREAS?
The most common body areas that use Botox Injections to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles are:
- UPPER FACE:
- Forehead Wrinkles
- Frown (Glabellar) Lines (aka the 11’s)
- EYE AREA:
- Eyebrow Wrinkles (Wrinkles Between the Eye Brows – Botox Brow Lift – Botox Eyebrow Lift)
- Bunny (Nasalis) Lines (Wrinkles On and Around the Nose, Between the Eyes, Below the Eye Brows)
- Crow’s Feet (Wrinkles Outside Right-Left Edges of the Eyes)
- Tear Trough (Wrinkles Under the Eyes)
- LOWER FACE:
- Lip Flip (Injection into the Orbicularis Muscle of the Upper Lip)
- Vertical Lip Lines (Smokers Lines; Purse-string Wrinkles; Wrinkles Above the Upper Lip)
- Smile Lift (Corners of the Mouth Injection)
- Marionette Lines (Vertical Wrinkles Below the Lower Lip towards the Outer Corners of the Chin; Pouty Face)
- Nasolabial Folds (Vertical Wrinkles between the Upper Lip and Nose towards the Cheek)
- Mental Crease (Horizontal Wrinkle above the Chin and Below the Lower Lip)
- Dimpled Chin (Chin Indentations)
- Masseter Reduction (Jawline)
- Playtismal Bands (The Vertical Cords (Neck Wrinkles))
4. WHAT IS A BOTOX LIP FLIP?
A Botox Lip Flip is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure. Botox Lip Flips can help you achieve a fuller upper lip without dermal filler.
The Botox Lip Flip procedure involves injecting Botox into your upper lip to relax the lip muscles and “flip” your lip upward. A Botox Lip Flip is a less expensive solution than a dermal filler because a Lip Flip uses only a few units of Botox.
A Botox lip flip can be an excellent choice compared to fillers for those who want a more subtle lip enhancement. Botox Lip Flips also work well for those who wish to enhance the shape of their upper lip with minimal effort.
The effects of a Botox Lip Flip will last for about two months. Botox typically lasts for approximately three months, but the lip flips don’t last as long for a few reasons. For one, the lip flip involves injections to a muscle that we constantly move throughout the day.
5. BOTOX MIGRAINE – BOTOX FOR HEADACHES RELIEF?
Yes, Botox for Migraines, Botox for Headaches can bring relief for some patients.
OnabotulinumtoxinA, most commonly known as Botox, was approved in 2010 for adults who get chronic migraines.
A Chronic Migraine is one in which:
- You have a history of migraine headaches
- You have headaches (including tension-type) on most days (defined as 15 or more days in a row) of the month, of which at least 8 meet the definition of being migraine
Treatment involved several shots of Botox around your head and neck once every 12 weeks to dull or prevent migraine headaches.
6. HOW MUCH DOES BOTOX COST?
The Botox cost for a single injection treatment varies predominantly based on the state and region, the amount of botox required, and the specific procedure. The table below should give you a starting point for Botox cost.
|PROCEDURE AREA||AVERAGE # OF UNITS||BOTOX COST RANGE|
|Forehead Wrinkles (Botox Forehead)||10 to 30 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Frown (Glabellar) Lines||10 to 30 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Eyebrow Wrinkles (Botox Eyebrow Lift)||15 to 20 units||$150 to $1,005|
|Bunny (Nasalis) Lines||2 to 6 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Crow’s Feet (Botox Crow’s Feet)||12 to 20 units||$120 to $1,500|
|Tear Trough (Botox Brow Lift – Botox Under Eyes)||10 to 30 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Lip Flip (Botox Lip Flip)||2 to 6 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Vertical Lip Lines (Botox Lips)||5 to 10 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Smile Lift (Botox on Lips)||4 to 8 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Marionette Lines||2 to 5 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Nasolabial Folds||5 to 10 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Mental Crease||4 to 8 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Dimpled Chin||5 to 10 units||$100 to $1,500|
|Masseter Reduction (Jawline)||20 to 30 units||$200 to $1,500|
|Playtismal Bands||25 to 50 units||$250 to $1,500|
7. CAN YOU SHOW SOME BOTOX BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SANDIA SKIN + FACE PROCEDURES?
Please click any of the links below to learn more about Sandia Skin + Face Procedures:
- Injectable Treatments
- Facial Treatments
- Laser Treatments
- Secret RF® Microneedling
SANDIA SKIN + FACE
Registered Nurse Practitioner Tonya Tuggle is Albuquerque’s choice for those who want to keep their youthful appearance and healthy glow. Tonya is passionate about educating patients on preventative skin care and providing non-surgical maintenance for graceful aging. We can’t wait to meet you!